This article will cover the top Uber Eats competitors in the world.
To give a much clearer view, we will cover competitors that Uber Eats have in different countries.
About the company:
Uber Eats is an American online food ordering and delivery platform launched by Uber in 2014 and based in San Francisco, California.
Uber Eats gives the users the freedom to read menus, give reviews and ratings to the restaurants, order food, and pay for food from participating restaurants using an application on the iOS or Android platforms, or through a web browser.
Meals are delivered by couriers using cars, scooters, bikes, or on foot.
The company is operational in 32 countries.
The company began food delivery in August 2014 with the launch of the UberFRESH service, but in 2015, the platform was renamed UberEATS.
As part of its expansion into foreign markets, the company announced its intention to open virtual restaurants in the UK. Sometimes called cloud restaurants or cloud kitchens, these are restaurant kitchens staffed to prepare and deliver food, either for existing brick-and-mortar restaurants wishing to move their delivery operations offsite or for delivery-only restaurants with no walk-in or dining room service.
Let’s check out who are the top competitors of Uber Eats that exist in different geographical markets.
Top Uber Eats Competitors
The first in the list of Uber Eats competitors is DoorDash, Inc.
The company operates an online food ordering and food delivery platform and majorly serves in Australia, Canada, and the United States.
Based in San Francisco, DoorDash has a 56% market share in US, making it the largest food delivery company in the United States. It also has a 60% market share in the convenience delivery category.
As of December 31, 2020, the platform served 450,000 merchants, 20,000,000 consumers, and 1 million deliverers.
It is considered as one of the main competitors of UberEats.
Another American food ordering and delivery platform that is Uber Eats competitor is Grubhub Inc. .
The platform connects diners with local restaurants. Founded in 2004, the slogan of the company is “grub what you love.”
Grubhub Seamless went public in April 2014 and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “GRUB”.
On June 9, 2020, Netherlands-based Just Eat Takeaway, announced an agreement to buy Grubhub for $7.3 billion in stock.
Next in the list of Uber Eats competitors is Postmates.
Postmates is also an American quick-commerce and food delivery service owned by Uber that offers local delivery of restaurant-prepared meals and other goods.
As of February 2019, Postmates operates in 2,940 U.S. cities.
On July 6, 2020, Uber announced it would acquire Postmates for $2.65 billion. On December 1, 2020, Uber announced the completion of the deal.
Postmates primarily competes with Grubhub, DoorDash, and its sister service Uber Eats.
Ele.me, the Chinese food delivery giant, is backed by China’s largest e-commerce operator Alibaba Group Holding.
Ele.me is estimated to hold 53.4 percent of China’s food delivery market share.
The company started off with Ele.me restaurant owners install computers and quickly forayed into customer-to-customer meal ordering and food delivery services.
Apart from these company also helps with restaurant management system.
Ele.me hires its own food delivery employees and coordinates them based on food-delivery locations. This way it can control the entire process from online meal ordering to food delivery.
The next company in the list of top competitors of Uber Eats is Meituan Waimai .
The company is an online-to-offline (O2O) food delivery app that provides users with online ordering, food delivery and some other related services in China.
With a presence in more than 300 cities in China, the company services first and second-tier cities. With a market share of more than 40%, Meituan Waimai comes second to Ele. me in China’s food delivery market.
After covering China and US. Its time to check out main competitors of UberEats in India.
Though UberEats is no more functional in India as it got acquired by Zomato in Jan 2020, we will still check out the top main players in the food delivery space in India.
Founded in 2008, Zomato is an Indian multinational restaurant aggregator and food delivery that provides information, menus, and user-reviews of restaurants as well as food delivery options from partner restaurants in select cities.
Zomato has presence in 24 countries and in more than 10,000 cities.
Operated by Bundl Technologies Private Limited, Swiggy is India’s largest online food ordering and delivery platform, founded in 2014.
The company is operating in 100 Indian cities.
In September 2019, Swiggy launched instant pickup and drop service Swiggy Go which is used for a diverse array of items, including laundry and document or parcel deliveries to business clients and retail customers.
This concludes the article on Top UberEats competitors.
- Check out the top competitors of Tesla
- Check out the top competitors of Genpact
- Check out the top competitors of JP Morgan
- Top competitors of Dabur 2022 | Alternatives of Dabur 2022
- BCG Matrix of Starbucks | Bean there, Brewed that!
- Who are the top Competitors of FedEx in the world | Fedex Alternatives 2022
- Who are the top Genpact competitors | Competitors of Genpact
- Who are the top Infosys Competitors | Competitors of Infosys
- Top DHL Competitors 2022 in the world | DHL Alternatives in 2022
- Who are the top Competitors of TCS in 2022 | TCS Alternatives 2022
- BCG Matrix of Nestle | BCG Matrix Analysis of NESTLE
- What is the BCG Matrix of Walmart ? | BCG Matrix Analysis
- Top 6 Competitors of Lyft 2022 |Lyft Alternatives 2022
- Who are the competitors of Adobe 2022 | Adobe Alternatives 2022
- What is the Marketing Strategy of Cadbury? Cadbury’s marketing strategy.
- Top 7 Just Dial Competitors | Just Dial Alternatives
- SWOT Analysis of Kotak Mahindra Bank 2022
- SWOT Analysis of KPMG | KPMG SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Cadbury | Cadbury’s SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of IKEA | IKEA SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Unilever | Unilever SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Uber | Uber’s SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Kitkat 2022 | What is SWOT Analysis of Kitkat?
- SWOT Analysis of Zara 2022 | Zara SWOT Analysis 2022
- SWOT Analysis of Facebook 2022 | Facebook SWOT Analysis 2022