This article will cover the concept of Ansoff Matrix and talk about Ansoff Matrix of Starbucks.
Before we start let’s first understand what really Ansoff Matrix is?
The Ansoff Matrix also popularly known as the Product/Market Expansion Grid, is a two-by-two framework used by management teams to evaluate growth strategies of a company.
It helps the management get an understanding of the risk involved in different growth strategies that they will be deploying.
- Market Penetration – The concept of increasing sales of existing products into an existing market
- Market Development – Focuses on selling existing products into new markets
- Product Development – Focuses on introducing new products to an existing market
- Diversification – The concept of entering a new market with altogether new products
To know more in depth about Ansoff Matrix, click on the below link
Ansoff Matrix of Starbucks:
The first matrix in the Ansoff Matrix of Starbucks is Market Penetration.
One of the least risky growth strategy in the Ansoff Matrix, Market Penetration encourages the company to increase the sales of its current products in the current market.
In order to increase the market Penetration, Starbucks can look into following things:
- Lowering Product Prices: Tier 2 and Tier 3 regions which contribute to low sales, Starbucks can look into decreasing the price of their products to attract more customers.
- Referral Programs: In addition to the existing Rewards scheme that Starbucks is already running, the company can start a referral program in which it ask its existing customers to refer new customers and get Starbucks merchandise in return.
- Discount Days: Starbucks can also look into running different marketing campaigns in which they can give discounts on its products on certain days to increase the sales.
- Happy Hours: Starbucks can also start Happy Hours concept during hours that have low business.
This is a pretty straight forward matrix in which the management has to take a call if they want to want to new regions or geographies.
Before moving into any new geography, Starbucks would need to do a thorough research. They would need to look at the demography of the region, their taste preferences, Local Competitors etc.
Post this analysis, the company can make a decision whether they would want to enter a new market or not.
Product Development strategy in the Ansoff Matrix of Starbucks is an important strategy. This strategy enables the company to decide whether or not they should expand their product mix. That is why it is also referred to as Product Expansion.
Starbucks can experiment with new flavour for their drinks or can also start a segment for healthy drinks that would cater to health conscious people.
Starbucks can all together launch a new product that they think is quick high in demand in the markets that they are operating.
You must have heard of McCafe by McDonalds. McCafe specializes in a variety of different types of coffee as well as smoothies, which attracts new customers that might not otherwise come to McDonalds for its burgers and fries, and gives McDonalds an edge over the competition.
That’s the Diversification that Starbucks should be looking at. If not, they should consider offering breakfasts, lunches etc and enter into the food market.
Starbucks can also diversify into providing healthy snacks which nowadays is gaining a lot of attention and popularity.
Diversification will surely help in increasing the revenue and sales of the company.
This concludes the article on the Ansoff Matrix of Starbucks.
- BCG Matrix of Coca Cola | STP Analysis of Coca Cola
- Top competitors of Dabur 2022 | Alternatives of Dabur 2022
- BCG Matrix of Starbucks | Bean there, Brewed that!
- Who are the top Competitors of FedEx in the world | Fedex Alternatives 2022
- Who are the top Genpact competitors | Competitors of Genpact
- Who are the top Infosys Competitors | Competitors of Infosys
- Top DHL Competitors 2022 in the world | DHL Alternatives in 2022
- Who are the top Competitors of TCS in 2022 | TCS Alternatives 2022
- BCG Matrix of Nestle | BCG Matrix Analysis of NESTLE
- What is the BCG Matrix of Walmart ? | BCG Matrix Analysis
- Top 6 Competitors of Lyft 2022 |Lyft Alternatives 2022
- Who are the competitors of Adobe 2022 | Adobe Alternatives 2022
- What is the Marketing Strategy of Cadbury? Cadbury’s marketing strategy.
- Top 7 Just Dial Competitors | Just Dial Alternatives
- SWOT Analysis of Kotak Mahindra Bank 2022
- SWOT Analysis of KPMG | KPMG SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Cadbury | Cadbury’s SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of IKEA | IKEA SWOT Analysis